Friday, September 12, 2008

Rocket Science...





Went to the library to spend some time writing and grab a couple fun items for the kids. I almost always get a little insecure going thru the check out since my file history has a running tally of kids books and videos and ZERO content checked out for anyone over the age of 4- ... The insecurity has to do with wanting to walk out of a library feeling more intelligent than when I walked in, but the reality is- 9 times out of 10 I feel slightly more frazzled (especially when the kids are with me) and 2 knotches more simple-minded than when I walked in. So- anyway, the woman who checked my material out at the counter didn't smile at all- she just raised her eyebrows, let out a sigh, and silently vocalized her judgements. But, I'm over it- she has no idea that Jackson and I spent the day today learning about reversible change (made ice-pops) Newtons third Law (for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction), and Bernoulli's Principle (physic's principle implying airlift).

The name of the book for anyone interested: 50 mind blowing, eye-popping science experiments, Rain newcomb and Bobby Mercer. Oh. And I made a phenomenon of a carrot cake in my kitchen. If I made any spelling errors during this post, ... don't be quick to judge. I AM doing rocket science over here, and making cakes to boot.

1 Comments:

At 4:10 PM , Blogger Joey and Nikki said...

linds, yummo- yummo!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home