Friday, August 17, 2007

Dum-dums for the Smarties

These little "cavities on a stick", as Wilbur Wonka would say, are the mouth parties my kids get when coaxing them into the car from an uber-great park, adventurous trail we've discovered laiden with bumblebees eating nectar, crab-apples and random nature-bred weapons. They also serve as special rewards for bravery: facing nameless doctors and bizarre cast wrapping practices. I keep a minimum of 4 in my purse at all times, should an unpredictable abrasion become too unbearable or a see-saw too hard to part with.
I know in many ways these little suckers can be viewed as bribery sticks or crutches for the kids-- but for being dum-dums... I think they're pretty smart.



2 Comments:

At 2:06 PM , Blogger Joey and Nikki said...

That's the truth Linds... they know "what's up"; you know, Yum's plays me like a piano sometimes, he'll cry like his dying and then open one eye to see if I'm looking- let's review- how old is he??
I told him, "Yums, times are gonna get tough for you soon. You're gonna be a big boy and responsible for the knowledge mommy gives you and the great rod of SPANKY-POO that saves your life, at which he looks and smiles because he has my full attention, having no idea what I said:)

 
At 3:23 PM , Blogger betsy said...

that's clever linds

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home