Monday, September 29, 2008

This Blog is for Besty




For those of you reading that haven't used the link I have for my wonderful friends Dustan and Betsy - they are finishing the Appalachian Trail -- (yes, the whole freaking thing!) And I just have to give a shout-out to them! (for more on their wild adventure -- click on the dang link!)

Bets, I remember when you won that award at the Honor Academy and gave that rocking speech about building monuments at defining points in our lives- like when Joshua took the people across the Jordan River and they built this sweet pile of rocks that the priests had stood on in the river- where they carried the presence of God in their backpacks.... yeah, well, ... at the end of that speech that inspired my whole community of microwave-mature friends- I stood and clapped and cried and rejoiced that you were the one who had been honored to speak to us that night. There is something of 100%maplesyrup love when you feel rewarded when your friends receive their reward. "...we will rejoice when you are victorious!"

Can't wait to catch up after you spend some time acclimating back to bath and body work showers and electric vegetable choppers.

4 Comments:

At 9:08 PM , Blogger Edwards Family said...

I have been following their blog. It has been an amazing adventure. I grew up in Georgia near the beginning of the trail. Many friends decided to hike it after high school. What a crazy adventure. One I am sure they will never forget.

WAY TO GO BETSY

ps I remember the speech as well. It was wonderful :) AMAZING

 
At 12:38 PM , Blogger Lindsay said...

That's funny, Jamie- b/c I grew up near the end of the trail! Nice to see your name (and picture your face) on here.
Linds

 
At 6:40 PM , Blogger Joey and Nikki said...

You know girls, funny you'll are talking about this; well, i dont have much experience or history with the beginning, middle or end of the appl. trail, but I remember greatly and vividly the speech Betsy gave that year.. to be honest, even hearing about it again and the both of you honoring her by speaking about it, moved me.. it was in a way of those holy moments on our lives that you never forget... it's been over 8 years, and i still remember....
love you linds.

 
At 7:40 PM , Blogger Dustan and Betsy said...

WooHOO! It's over! Thanks Linds! (And Jamie, and Nik while I'm at it).

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home