Thursday, October 16, 2008

Get-Aways and Come-backs


Brian and I celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary last Sunday (the 12th) in Cadillac, MI - during peak foliage.
Betsy, planning to leave our 3 kids with a myriad of other people was probably as complicated as 6 months worth of Appilacian Prep; from the meal plans to survival packs. No, actually it probably doesn't even dust the term "hard-core" comparitively... so, nevermind.
Time with friends, a night out on the town, finding God, listening long enough to actually finish thoughts, and watching Project Runway back to back episodes - guiltlessly. We purposefully didn't bring the laptop, iPod, the cell-phone was lucky to get reception, and we refused to digest any politics ... just a couple of days to live below the noise. ANd you know what!? I remembered how funny Brian is. I felt like Billy Crystal's character in City Slickers when he comes home to his wife and evidences with a big grin that he has indeed found his smile...
** AND
Found a sweet new beer that I like:




Now, coming back was a bit of a shocker. I really felt like I had prepared my mind well enough to engage the fast-pace of life awaiting us. And while the first 10 minutes of tickles and giggles and hugs and kisses and gifts was GREAT... I am still gaining my footing 4 days later. I've decided to give myself a full week.

2 Comments:

At 6:05 PM , Blogger Joey and Nikki said...

Is that picture of the trees where you stayed.. or did you stay with amy bigger..
you guys should take a family picture so i can put in on my fridge:) i know i'm asking a lot lately linds, but i'm trying to live the fullest with you from far away right now...
love you.
niks

 
At 11:29 AM , Blogger Jack-on-the-Lake said...

I meant to tell you "happy anniv" and ask you where you went - glad to hear it was fun and the kids did well. I'm going to try that new beer!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home